Fivem is a modification for GTA V that allows users to play multiplayer on customizable dedicated servers, this means that anyone can setup their own server and install plugins to customize their server. In this guide I will be showing you how to setup your own FiveM server.
This guide will be using the windows operating system
To start with you will need to meet the following Prerequisites
Visual C++ Redistributable 2019+ Git
Once you have met these Prerequisites we can begin the installation of the server
- You will need to create a new directory which will be used for the server files (Artifacts)
- You will need to download the latest artifact which can be located Here and then extract the files into the folder you created in step 1.
- Now we will need to install the data resources for the server. To do this you will need to open a command terminal and paste the following
git clone https://github.com/citizenfx/cfx-server-data.git server-data. Once the folder has been downloaded please copy the folder into the server-data folder which is located in the folder you created in step 1.
- Now you will need to create a license key. This connects your server to the keymaster which allows your server to run. You can create a license key Here
- You will need to create a server.cfg in your server-data folder. You can obtain a template Here Once you have created a server.cfg please replace the license key on the last line with the license key you obtained in step 4 for example if my license key was 1234 the last line would be
- The final step is to run the server you can do this by opening up your windows terminal and running the following commands
cd /d D:\Directory\server-dataand then running
D:\Directory\server\FXServer.exe +exec server.cfgThen your server should be running. If you open up fivem and connect to the server IP “Localhost” It will connect you to your new server. Congratulations